Give your fans what they want, get the money you deserve
Creators have an amazing opportunity right now to receive monthly support from their fans. Patreon lets creators make way more money than they do with advertising. It's time to achieve creative freedom and put financial success into your own hands.
For podcasters and YouTubers, advertising and merchandise revenue aren't an effective longterm income solution. Ad rates are low and unpredictable, and asking your fans to buy merchandise only gets them to give you money once -- then likely never again. With Patreon, you'll be receiving a steady income from your fans every month. In exchange for their support, creators will give their fans benefits they'll love.
But how do you select the best Patreon goals and rewards? How do you manage the money and build your Patreon for longterm success? And most importantly, how do you ensure your fans will sign up in the first place?
I can help you create the perfect Patreon by offering planning and management techniques that he's developed over the past few years. These are tried-and-tested methods being offered by someone who knows in the ins and outs of Patreon.
Why you can trust me
I've been podcasting since 2005. Thanks to Patreon, they are part time jobs without the part time hours. You can do the same whether you're a podcaster, YouTuber, or any other type of online creator!
Patreons can work for any kind of show. I run three very different podcasts, and each has done great on Patreon.
- MuggleCast (August 2005 - Present): With 60,000 listeners per episode, this show has established itself as one of the longest-running Harry Potter podcasts. We have over 800 Patrons, and the large majority of them are pledging $5 or more per month.
- #Millennial (January 2015 - Present): 10,000 listeners a week listen to me and my friends discuss world news, entertainment, and our own lives. #Millennial's Patreon has 600 Patrons, and like MuggleCast's, most are pledging $5 or more per month.
- Hype AM (September 2016 - September 2017): This was the smallest of my podcasts and one that ended due to scheduling conflicts. It existed entirely behind the Patreon paywall. It had 250 listeners/Patrons and $700 a month in revenue.
One podcast has been around for over a decade, one is a few years old, and a third was an intimate show that built a small but very loyal audience. No matter what type of show you have, it can be monetized with Patreon! I've learned how to create Patreons that fans will be excited to pledge to, and how to manage them successfully over the longterm.
Why do listeners support the Patreons that my friends and I manage?
“Consistency is key and there is a high level of it from you guys.” - Jessica W., Anchorage
“I always get the content promised! I have some pretty cool swag too. On one of Andrew's other shows, when my swag arrived damaged, they even offered to replace it for free!” - Gigi D, Los Angeles
“The Patreon benefits always come through and are always exactly as promised.” - Courtney R, Vidalia
“Their consistency is a big reason I’ve stuck around.” - Genevieve H, San Francisco
“I receive reliable, regular content that never fails to entertain. I always trust that the Patreon is striving to provide the best content they can.” - Jodie B., Bristol, England
"The hosts have always been completely on top of the Patreon, and incredibly responsive when there have been issues. They are very communicative and transparent about the process so that listeners feel completely in the loop." - Heather S., Normal, IL
“The After Dark content was just too good to keep missing, and I genuinely like all the hosts (as I've sort of 'known' them since I was 13). I want to see them successful - with a little bit of money in their pockets.” - Pauline M, Calgary Canada
“The bonus content! Having the extra 30+ mins of content each week is basically another half podcast, and because it's behind the paywall the host are more likely to discuss topics or stories that could be controversial or personal, which adds a whole new layer of connection to the hosts. Also I like the feeling that I am in some way contributing to the show by supporting it.” - Phoebe HB, Oxford, ENG
Why trust Patreon?
Receiving support from fans is the smartest way to achieve creative and professional freedom
Recent reports have proven that there's only one solution for creators: Steady income via fan support. Ads and corporate ownership are unreliable ways to secure creative and professional freedom. Luckily for creators, Patreon makes it possible for fans and creators to respectively support and reward one another.
The proof of Patreon being a great solution is in the pudding: Fan support on Patreon is growing rapidly. As you can read in this May 2017 article from TechCrunch, the platform is "now on track to pay out $150 million to creators in 2017 [... and] that's after paying out $100 million total since 2014." (TechCrunch, May 2017)
Why are YouTubers, podcasters, and other creators moving to Patreon? Advertising is a frustrating business because it's often out of your hands. YouTube recently "started giving advertisers themselves the options to opt out of videos with content that was 'sensational or shocking' or had 'profanity or rough language.' (Polygon, May 2017) The move upset creators because it started killing their ad rates. By putting financial support in your own hands, you don't have to worry about what corporate overlords or advertisers will do to you.
There've also been concerns about owning your own content. Don't sell rights to your creations so companies can do what they want with it. Instead, make revenue from your fans.
Patreon is a very safe path forward for all creators. Launching a Patreon doesn't mean taking yourself off of YouTube, iTunes, or removing ads from your shows. By producing additional content exclusively for Patrons, the new revenue you're earning goes on top of any money you're already making. You won't be taking a hit -- you'll only be growing, and since fans are paying you directly, you'll grow a lot.
Let's change your life
I can help you create the perfect Patreon. Let's start with a free, no-obligation call or e-mail chat to learn about you and your needs.
My consultations will include the following:
- Start-to-finish development of your Patreon. From planning to launch to maintenance, I will teach you how to maximize the chances of your Patreon being a success.
- Your consultations will be tailored to you and your brand. Ahead of the consultation sessions, I will learn about you and your fans so I can offer personalized suggestions.
- Video/audio demonstrations conducted in-person (if in the Las Vegas area) or over an internet telephony like Skype, Slack, or Google Hangouts. With your permission, our conversations and demos will be recorded so you can watch them later.
- "Building The Perfect Patreon": This is a complete guide written by me that shares everything about how to develop a Patreon. You'll find info on how to learn what your fans want, how to price your benefits, how to keep fans happy, and much more.
Contact me using the form below. I look forward to hearing from you!