Chicago-based Podcast Editing and Consulting Services
I can teach everything you need to create a podcast from start to finish, and offer weekly podcast editing services out of my home in Chicago.
Andrew and his MuggleCast co-hosts
Podcasts have seen a boom in recent years for several reasons.
- You can listen to them anywhere
- They can be free of corporate overlords who control the message and make up dumb rules
- Podcasts can be loose, fun, and personal
- People can spread their passions to a wide audience in an easy, addicting, high-tech way
If you don't have any experience with starting or recording podcasts, launching a show can be a daunting task. I specialize in every part of podcasting, and can even edit your podcast out of my home office in Chicago.
Why should you hire me for editing or consulting? I've been podcasting every week since 2005. With the help of my partners, I plan, host, edit, monetize, and publish two podcasts: MuggleCast and #Millennial. I am the lead host of these shows. Collectively they reach 70,000 listeners weekly and generate six-figure annual revenue.
In addition to the two shows I own, I currently consult and edit for a handful of other podcasts on a weekly basis.
Over the past few years I've developed a unique digital podcasting studio that allows me to record and live stream my podcasts while taking phone calls, playing music and sound effects, and interacting with listeners. All I need is a computer, an internet connection, and my beloved microphone. I've got every area of podcasting covered and can set you up with the same.
Below is a sample of an episode of #Millennial in which you'll hear my audio mixing, balanced audio levels, a live phone call, and live sound effects. Like with all episodes of #Millennial, I'm the one managing the technical side of the show and then editing / mastering it. This'll give you an idea of what I can teach you:
Chicago-Based Podcast Editing Services
If you're looking for an on-going podcasting partner, I can handle the editing and release of your podcast. And for working with me on a weekly basis, I will also offer you on-going consulting for no extra charge.
Each week I will take care of the following tasks for your podcast:
- Clean and level the audio files so they sound as great as possible.
- Mix together multiple audio files.
- Remove mistakes, awkward gaps in dialogue, and other things you don't want in your podcast.
- Add music at the beginning and end of your show.
- Write a paragraph of enticing shownotes.
- Release your podcast.
- Be on standby should you ever have any questions about podcasting.
- Help you promote and monetize your podcast.
This collection of editing and release services costs $125 per week for podcasts that are up to 90 minutes long. Because I'm a small business, I guarantee a 24-hour turnaround from the time you send your audio files. Shows that are longer than 90 minutes go up in cost $25 for every additional 30 minutes of show.
Interested? Contact me using the form below! Not convinced? Continue down for testimonials.
Receive a Complete Podcast Tutorial
By hiring me for editing or consulting, you can learn how to podcast from start to finish. I can teach you how to:
- Purchase the right microphone and record with your own computer.
- Produce compelling episodes that will keep your listeners coming back for more.
- Create a fun and insightful personality to help you stand out amongst other shows.
- Record your podcast with guests, whether they're with you "in studio" or a continent away.
- Record yourself, your co-hosts, and play music and sound effects all live, and all with your own Mac*. No professional studio required!
- Edit your podcast and use simple tools to make it sound as great as possible.
- Upload your podcast to the internet and get it published on iTunes, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Google Play, Google Podcasts, and more.
- Build an audience.
- Monetize your show with ads you read on air, and/or by launching a Patreon.
*Mac required for live-to-tape recording with sound effects, music, live calls. If you're using Windows, I can teach you everything (producing, recording, editing, releasing) except how to add live effects during a recording.
But that's not all. If there's a question you have about podcasting, I can answer it.
Why can you trust me? Here's what listeners have to say about my production and editing work.
“Any Andrew Sims podcast is my standard for a quality podcast. The sound quality is always the best and it's expertly edited!” - Rachael, Ithica NY
“I'm here for the quality of the content, and I stick around because of the quality of the production.” - Kayla S., Little Rock AR
“I have listened to shows that Andrew has produced for a decade now and they are always high quality. Besides the content, that is the main reason why I keep listening. He has a passion for great sound and clean editing. Every episode is consistent with the next and you always know you will have a pleasant listening experience.” - Patrick F., Elkhorn WI
“The level of production is unparalleled, and Andrew takes great care in ensuring the listeners have a high quality listen experience. “ - Vicki S., Toronto
“Millennial is definitely one of the more consistent in sound podcasts that I listen to - especially knowing that you’re not all in a studio together.” - Jessica W, Anchorage AK
“The quality of Millennial is as good as any non-corporate produced show I listen to (such as a show hosted by NPR or the New York Times). It's always very crisp and clear and very rarely are there audio issues.,” Angel B, Seattle
“I listen to a lot of other podcasts, and if I can say one thing for certain, the sound quality of the shows produced by this team has ruined me for some of those other shows. I sometimes have to skip entire episodes of other podcasts or even unsubscribe entirely because the sound quality and editing is simply not up to par with #Millennial. Come for the amazing content, stay for the incredible audio.” - Kelsey P, San Ramon CA
Let's Turn You Into A Podcasting Pro
My podcasting consultations are are billed hourly at a reasonable price so that you can become a podcasting expert with little risk. If you want to hire me for editing and releasing your podcast (the main type of work I'm looking for), I will add hourly consultations at no extra charge.
Consultations occur over Skype, Slack, Zoom, or Google and will include live visual demonstrations. If those methods aren't available to you, I'm happy to work with you over the phone. If you're in the Chicago area, I can meet you at a time and place convenient for you.
Let me help you create the perfect podcast. We'll start with a free, no obligation call or e-mail chat to learn about you and your needs.